Please Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor
ITS92 Allagash to Escourt Station
AROOSTOOK COUNTY TRAIL REPORT UPDATED 04/02/2015
The Official Snowmobile Trail Report
From the desk of: Gary Marquis
Caribou Parks & Recreation Department
55 Bennett Dr.
Caribou, Me. 04736
2014-15 is the winter that will never end. With a couple of inches predicted tonight and possibly a significant storm over the weekend this winter just does not want to go away. Most clubs are reporting that if we get some more of the white stuff they will get out one more time to groom, but most projects are looking at wrapping up this season.
Some clubs have removed signs and markers so use caution as you venture out.
Remember that the deer are on the move in the Caribou area off of ITS 83 so watch out for those white tails.
There has been some reports of dirt showing up in fields so pay attention when crossing open fields especially in the Central Aroostook area.
ITS 85 Oxbow and Ashland have called it quits for the year, Portage and Eagle lake will continue a little longer if need be.
ITS 83 Houlton is grooming there section once a week, Mars Hill might go out again if it snows, Presque Isle, Washburn and Caribou will be out if we get more, but this trail is holding up well. Madawaska's section of this trail in good shape.
ITS 81 This section is in good shape, Madawaska's sections are in good shape
ITS 92 This trail is holding nice.
ITS 90 Rode sections of this trail earlier in the week and it is in good shape.
ITS 88 Ashland end is no longer being groomed but Aroostook rivers end is still.
ITS 86 Houlton and Oxbow have called it quits on this trail for the season.
ITS 105ARSC has got this section reopened and road this trail as well from Mapleton North to Van Buren and it is still in good shape with lots of snow.
ITS 120 With deep snow this trail should be around for some time.
RT.89 Reports early this week in good shape, Caribou will no longer cross the Madawaska and Halfway Streams this winter.
RT 100 Improved riding from Caswell… remember though there are two branches of this trail one goes north out of Caswell and one goes west further south. They both intersect Rt 89 one closer to Rt 94 and the other closer to the Madawaska River…. Watch for markings.
Easton trails are holding up well.
On the Social Side:
St. Francis Sno Angels Saturday Meals...home cooked meals...stop by off ITS 92 10am-9pm.
Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser April 11 4:30-7 At 52 Main St. Limestone, Sponsored by The Pleasant Ridge Runners Club.
April 18th Fort Kent Valley Snow Riders Club will be having Hill Climb at Lonesome Pines, Check out there facebook page for more information.
THE FORKS TRAIL REPORT (03/30/2015)
Last grooming run for the season was on Saturday night, when the entire system was groomed. There is still plenty of snow and the trails are flat and holding up well with the cool temperatures and minimal traffic, so it's still enjoyable if you want that last ride.
DETOUR . . . . .ITS 87 BETWEEN PLEASANT POND AND MOXIE MOUNTAIN IS CLOSED DUE TO LOGGING AND SEVERAL MILES OF PLOWED ROAD WITH HEAVY TRUCKING. Use the Pleasant Pond Trail and/or the Bald Mountain Trail as a detour around the closed section of ITS 87.
- ITS 86 FROM BERRY's STORE HEADING EAST TOWARD GREENVILLE/ROCKWOOD TO THE ITS 88 JUNCTION. Intown is rough and thin. Once just 1 mile out of town, things improve greatly. Boise Road, Power Line sections are all in good shape. There is a 1/2 mile section of plowed road around Moxie Pond where you will be grinding dirt for a while. Logging has finished off the Shirley and Brochu Roads, so those sections have been groomed and it's good going all the way to the ITS 88 intersection.
- ITS 87 HEADING SOUTH TOWARD BINGHAM. Divide Road section is groomed flat and fine riding. ITS 87 south of Pleasant Pond is closed due to an active logging operation, with several miles of plowed road and heavy trucking. Use the Pleasant Pond Trail and/or the Bald Mountain Trail as a detour around the closed section of ITS 87.
- CARATUNK SPUR. Open into town.
- PLEASANT POND TRAIL. Good ride.
- BALD MOUNTAIN TRAIL FROM ITS 86 HEADING SOUTH TO ITS 87. Good going all the way through to the Bingham turnaround.
- BREAKNECK RIDGE TRAIL. Open and good riding.
- KENNEBEC RIVER TRAIL. Overall in decent shape. Just a couple bald inside corners.
For day riders, there is a FREE PARK & RIDE LOT at Northern Outdoors on Route 201. The lot is very large, well plowed and has plenty of room for large trailers. The lot is marked with a large sign on Route 201. Trail maps, 91 octane gas, food are available at Northern Outdoors.
Northern Outdoors SC
Enthusiasts Please Remember: It is against the law to operate
an ATV, dune buggy, 4 wheel drive vehicle, motorcycle or any other
motor vehicle on snowmobile trails that are funded by the Club/Municipal
grant program at any time of the year, unless the landowners
have granted permission to do so.
to our newest feature, an on-line newsletter and report update
for our snowmobiling site. We will be providing up-to-date e-mail
notification of trail report information, sudden changes in conditions
and other relevant information throughout the winter months. If
you would like to start receiving our newsletter, please type
your e-mail address below and submit it to us.