Please Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor
ITS92 Allagash to Escourt Station
AROOSTOOK COUNTY TRAIL REPORT UPDATED 03/06/2014
March riding…..the best riding of the season……if this shot doesn’t make you pack it up and head to The County….I can’t imagine what would……the trails are awesome…..lots of wildlife, longer days, great company…..oh and don’t forget the great ice fishing and skiing….both Nordic and Alpine……..
ITS 85 Probably a favorite for visitors this trail remains in excellent shape. 92A provides an alternative as does and 71A but remember to plan your trip around gas stops. The Homestead Lodge in Ox Bow now has gas during daylight hours. Folks coming up are still looking in old places for trails so remember both Ashland and Portage had major reroutes this year so you will need to pay attention to signage .
ITS 83 Sherman has done a great job this season rerouting 83 due to logging so please follow their signage and stay on the marked trails. Coming north remember 83 is rerouted coming out of Bridgewater due to logging. The trail is very well marked but a tad longer so plan ahead. If you stop to read the signs you shouldn’t have any problems.
ITS 81 Travel quite a bit of this trail yesterday and it was in excellent shape…….some folks still aren’t paying attention however…..remember this trail is closed from the intersection of Rt 105 west.
ITS 92 Allagash, St Francis and Ft Kent are doing a great job with this trail…..great riding. Rt 92A is open and groomed for a loop ride along with the connection to the Glazier Lake Loop.
ITS 90 Another great ride with a combination of woods trails and open fields with some great views. No problems but darn watch out for critters!!
ITS 88 Groomed and in great shape…….provides an east west alternative since 81 is closed between 105 and 85.
ITS 86 There is great riding in the southern reaches of The County and this is one of them…..head to St Croix for a picnic or make the trek to Ox Bow …….. Also 71-D is groomed on the Ox Bow end. And the Homestead Lodge in Ox Bow now has gas during daylight hours.
ITS 105 This is a popular trail but I can tell you it is in good shape as I was on lots of it yesterday. And kudos to Walker Siding…..they were without their main machine for a good part of this season but they have made up for it as their section was primo yesterday.
ITS 120 Beautiful trail and a perfect time of year to visit this one……
Rt 100 Improved riding from Caswell…remember though there are two branches of this trail one goes north out of Caswell and one goes west further south. They both intersect Rt 89 one closer to Rt 94 and the other closer to the Madawaska River…….watch for markings and on the one that goes west further south of Caswell there is a very active logging operation so use caution.
Rt 89 Groomed north to Rt 94. PLEASE NOTE that Rt 100 now intersects Rt 89 in two locations so watch for signs.
Rt 94 Open and groomed great ride between ITS 81 and Rt 105.
Rt 79 to Long Lake off ITS 105 is groomed for those wanting to access the St John Valley and local eateries via Long Lake.
Daigle and Soldier Pond Both these projects have been out and there are some great sections through hardwood and softwood .
On The Social Side
- Meduxneakeag Ramblers Breakfast Saturdays 6-9 a.m. at the clubhouse
- Washburn Trailrunners Breakfast Lunch Saturdays 7 a.m.-3p.m. Sunday 7 a.m.-noon at the clubhouse
- Presque Isle Snowmobile Club Stew Nights Fridays 5-7 p.m. at the clubhouse
- St Francis Sno Angels Saturday Meals ...home cooked meals......stop by off ITS 92
- February 28-March 7 Youth/Junior World Championship Biathalon Nordic Heritage Ctr., Presque Isle
- March 8 Drag Races in St Francis right off US 161 or ITS 92 Reg. 9-11 Racing 11:30
Pizza Night Rockabema SnoRangers @ 5:30 please RSVP to Gladys Hanson at 207-528-2344
- March 9
CLUB RIDE, Oxbow-Masardis SC to Whipple's camp. Meet at the clubhouse at 11a.m. Club will furnish hot dogs and rolls.
- March 10
MEETING/POTLUCK, Rockabema Snow Rangers of Patten, 5:30p.m. at the clubhouse, 113 Clark Road, Patten.
MEETING, Ashland SC, 6:30p.m. at Mark and Nancy Rafford's.
- March 11 ST JOHN VALLEY ASSOCIATES FUN DAY, hosted by the Madawaska SC, from 9a.m.-2p.m. for the clients to enjoy all sorts of winter outdoor activities, and a lunch prepared by club members.
MEETING/POTLUCK, Oxbow-Masardis SC, 5:30p.m. at the clubhouse.
MEETING, Benedicta Snowgang, 6:30p.m. at the Parish Center.
MEETING, Pleasant Ridge Riders SC of Caswell, 7p.m. at the clubhouse.
- March 15 MSA DIRECTORS MEETING, Fort Fairfield SC. Social/Eboard 5p.m., dinner 6p.m., meeting follows. Dinner reservations: email, 207-622-6983.
CLUB SPAGHETTI SUPPER/MEETING, Chapman Ridge Runners (CRR Members only event), 6p.m. at the clubhouse, 94 Town Hall Road. Bingo night. Supper RSVP to Sue 207-764-1236.
- March 16 CLUB HOT DOG ROAST, Members of the Ashland SC, noon at Rafford's camp. FMI: 207-435-6649.
ITS92 Allagash to Escourt Station
THE FORKS TRAIL REPORT (03/06/2014)
As we approach spring, mid-winter trail conditions are the norm. Outstanding riding continues with cold temps and firm trails! All 100 miles of The Forks Trail System are in fine shape and are being groomed regularly. Will be a great weekend for riding!
- ITS 86 FROM BERRY`S STORE HEADING EAST TOWARDS GREENVILLE Great riding all the way. There is an active logging operation on the Shirley Road, where we are sharing a 1.5 mile section of plowed road. Watch for trucks.
- ITS 88 FROM ITS 86 HEADING WEST TOWARD ROCKWOOD Plenty of snow and smooth sailing.
- ITS 87 HEADING SOUTH TOWARD BINGHAM Boise Road and Divide Road sections are flat and fast. Check out the 3 mile groomed spur trail up to the Moxie Mountain Lookout. Spectacular views of Sugarloaf and the Bigelows!
- CARATUNK SPUR TRAIL Open and groomed.
- BALD MOUNTAIN TRAIL Great ride all the way through, from ITS 87 to ITS 86.
- BREAKNECK RIDGE TRAIL Open and groomed.
- PLEASANT POND TRAIL Nice riding. This trail, combined with the Bald Mt Trail and ITS 87, makes a scenic loop around Moxie Mountain.
- KENNEBEC RIVER TRAIL Good ride all the way from Northern Outdoors to West Forks.
For day riders, there`s a FREE PARK & RIDE LOT at Northern Outdoors on Route 201. The lot is very large, well-plowed and will accommodate large trailers. The entrance to the lot is ¼ mile south of Northern Outdoors. It is marked with a large sign on Route 201. Groomed access to all trails. Trail maps, 91 octane gas, food are available at NO.
Northern Outdoors SC
Enthusiasts Please Remember: It is against the law to operate
an ATV, dune buggy, 4 wheel drive vehicle, motorcycle or any other
motor vehicle on snowmobile trails that are funded by the Club/Municipal
grant program at any time of the year, unless the landowners
have granted permission to do so.
to our newest feature, an on-line newsletter and report update
for our snowmobiling site. We will be providing up-to-date e-mail
notification of trail report information, sudden changes in conditions
and other relevant information throughout the winter months. If
you would like to start receiving our newsletter, please type
your e-mail address below and submit it to us.