These pages are for informational resources only, and may not reflect changes in effect since they were created. We try very hard to keep them up to date, but we take no responsability for any inaccurate information. It is always good policy to get the latest Maine State law books before doing any hunting in Maine.
HUNTING & TRAPPING LICENSE FEES
FEES DO NOT INCLUDE THE $1.00 AGENT FEE
- Hunting (16 & older) - $19.00
- Small Game Hunting (16 & older) - $12.00
- Combination Hunting & Fishing (16 & older) - $36.00
- Supersport - $46.00
- Junior Hunting (10 to 15 years inclusive) - $5.00
- Combination Hunting & Fishing (70 & older) - FREE
- Combination Fishing/Archery (16 & older) - $36.00
- Serviceman (resident) Combination Hunting & Fishing - $20.00
- Disabled War Veteran (resident) - FREE
- Archery Hunting (16 & older)* - $19.00
- Archery Hunting (70 & older) - FREE
- Muzzle-loading (10 & older) - $11.00
- Muzzle-loading (70 & older) - FREE
- Trapping (16 & older) - $33.00
- Trapping (70 & older) - FREE
- Junior Trapping (10 to 15 years inclusive) - $7.00
- Resident deer or bear transport tag (in-state) - $5.00
- Resident deer or bear transport tag (out-of-state) - $55.00
- Big Game Hunting (10 years & older) - $85.00
- Combination Hunting & Fishing (16 & older) - $123.00
- Small Game Hunting (16 & older) - $55.00
- Junior Small Game Hunting (10 to 15 years) - $25.00
- Archery Hunting (16 & older) - $55.00
- Muzzle-loading (10 & older) - $33.00
- Trapping (any age) - $308.00
- Big Game Hunting (10 & older) - $125.00
- Combination Hunting & Fishing (10 & older) - $176.00
- Small Game Hunting (16 & older) - $70.00
- Archery Hunting (16 & older) - $70.00
- Muzzle-loading (10 & older) - $58.00
*Applicants for an adult archery hunting license, other than a junior hunting license, must submit proof of having successfully completed an archery hunter education course or satisfactory evidence of having previously held an adult archery hunting license issued specifically for the purpose of hunting with bow and arrow in this or any other State, province or country in any year after 1979.
- Duplicate License - $2.00
- Guide (18 & older) (3 year license) - $79.00
- State Migratory Waterfowl Stamp (16 & older) - $2.50
- Pheasant Stamp (Cumberland & York County) - $15.00
- Coyote Night Hunting Permit - $2.00
- Falconry - $24.00
- Wildlife Propagation Permit (2 year permit) - $25.00
- Hide Dealer (resident) - $58.00
- Hide Dealer (non-resident) - $108.00
- Season Hide Dealers License - $10.00
- Taxidermist - $75.00
- Deer or Bear Registration - $1.00
NOTE: A SMALL GAME LICENSE permits the hunting of all species except deer, bear, turkey, moose, raccoon and bobcat.
A Supersport license may be obtained for any of Maine's hunting & fishing licenses (previously only available with a resident combination). Money generated by the sale of the licenses is earmarked for landowner relations programs designed to keep the more than ninety percent of privately owned Maine land open to the public.
Continued access to Maine land is the major incentive of the program, but as in the past, there are other advantages as well. A subscription to the Maine Fish and Wildlife Magazine is included starting in 1996, plus the first 5,000 buyers will also get a watchable wildlife guide.
Supersport license holders are special, representing dedicated hunters and anglers with high ethical standards and a strong dedication to the natural resources of the State.
SUPERSPORT - YOUR SUPPORT OF THIS PROGRAM IS VITAL TO THE FUTURE OF OUTDOOR RECREATION IN MAINE, SO BECOME A SUPERSPORT-IT'S A SUPERDEAL.
FISHING LICENSE FEES (Prices do not include the $1 agent fee.)
- FISHING (16 and older) - $19
- COMBINATION FISHING & HUNTING - $36
- COMBINATION FISHING & ARCHERY - $36
- 1-DAY FISHING** - $9
- 3-DAY FISHING** - $21
- SERVICEMAN (resident) COMBINATION - $20
SUPERSPORT LICENSE: A supersport license may be obtained for any of Maine's hunting & fishing licenses for an additional fee of $15. Purchasing a Supersport license allows an individual to make a financial contribution toward the management of fish and wildlife over and above the normal license fee. Purchasers will receive a free subscription to the Maine Fish & Wildlife Magazine and the first 5,000 will receive a Watchable Wildlife Guide.
- SEASON FISHING (16 and older) - $50
- COMBINATION FISHING & HUNTING - $123
- 15-DAY FISHING*** - $38
- 7-DAY FISHING - $34
- 3-DAY FISHING - $21
- 1-DAY FISHING - $9
- JUNIOR FISHING (12-15 years) - $7
- ALIEN SEASON FISHING (16 and older) - $70
- ALIEN COMBINATION FISHING & HUNTING - $176
**1-day or 3-day fishing license may be exchanged by a Maine resident for a season fishing or combination hunting and fishing license upon payment of the difference between that fee and the fee for the annual license, plus the agent's fee.
***Nonresident 15-day fishing license may be exchanged by a Maine resident for a nonresident season fishing license upon payment of $12 plus the agent's fee.
Other Hunting Links
General Hunting Information -
General Hunting Information
General Hunting Provisions -
General Hunting Provisions
General Trapping Provisions -
General Trapping Provisions
Experience the Thrill of hunting Maine's White Tail Deer, Moose and Bear. Find out what everyone else knows
about the wilds of Maine.
Hunting and Trapping License Fees -
Hunting and Trapping License Fees
Hunting Seasons -
Laws Pertaining To Licenses & Permits -
Laws Pertaining To Licenses & Permits
Moose Hunting in Northern Maine -
Laws pertaining to Moose Hunting
Trapping Seasons -