Calendar of Events
Wednesday, June 5th
Join the Historical Society for a free presentation on Local History at 5 to 5:30 p.m. in the Edmunds Conference Room of Northern Maine Community College. The topic will be "The Mooseleuk Club", a local men's club which encouraged "clean sport" and owned beloved harness hours, John R Braden.
Friday, June 7th
- June First Friday Art Walk Participating Businesses include UMPI Pullen Gallery/Art Dept. 3rd Floor, Catholic Charities Thrift Store, Copper's Lounge, The Whole Potato, Bou's Brew Pub, Merchants on the Corner, Morning Star Art & Framing, Café Sorpreso, Hand Me Down Antiques, StarCity Coffee, Swanson Law, The Whole Potato Café and Wintergreen Art Center. Directories and event specifics will come soon!
- Guided Walking Tour of Historic Fairmount Cemetery begins Friday at 5:30 p.m. at the Civil War Monument in Fairmount Cemetery at 2 Houlton Road. Parking is available across the street at the Chamber of Commerce. Tickets are $5.00 each. Reservations suggested by calling 762-6300. Hear the history of the cemetery, about its Victorian influences and the stories of some of Presque Isle's interesting historical figures interred within.
Saturday, June 8th
- Aroostook State Park Birding Festival (5th annual) at Aroostook State Park in scenic Northern Maine, this birding festival with the knowledgeable assistance from Aroostook Birders, offers guided bird walks, bird banding demonstrations, live Owls of Maine display, a Wild Turkey educational program, and an environment that is home to many species of birds. The family friendly event allows the visitors to enjoy nature and the birds that live here. Fee $2.00 per adult 12-64 years of age, 65 plus and children under 5 free, kids 5-11 $1.00. For more info go to www.parksandlands.com or call 207-768-8341.
- Join Presque Isle Historical Society on Saturday, June 8 (weather permitting) for the Groundbreaking at Maysville Grange (165 Caribou Road – corner of US 1 and Brewer Road). Molly the Trolley and our 1929 Fire Engine will be on display 12 noon until 3 pm. (All times are approximate) Cook-out will be from 12 noon – 1:30 Volunteer Recognition 1:30 – 2:00 Proclamations 2:00 – 2:15, and the Groundbreaking will be from 2:15 – 2:30.
- The Zombies are Coming! 5K Run, Caribou. A zombie-motivated run at Cary Medical Center, sponsored by Loring Job Corps, to benefit the American Red Cross. Registration: 9:00 a.m. Race start: 11:30 a.m. Fee: $10. Contact Graham Warne (207-328-4052) or email@example.com FMI
- Narrated City-Wide Historic Tour aboard Molly the Trolley to begin at 9 a.m. at the Historic Fire Station at 11 Church Street in Presque Isle. Tours typically last approx. 3 hours and are $5.00 each. Reservations are REQUIRED by calling 762-6300.
Sunday, June 9th
Sunday Studio Shots featuring several area photographers will be available to photograph families, seniors, engagement sessions, or children to benefit the Presque Isle SkillsUSA team! 30 minute sessions will be available for just $50.00, and are available BY APPOINTMENT ONLY! To schedule an appointment and more information, call Amy White at 207-764-1356 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.